Mike Williams Plumbing Heating & A/C has been providing furnace service to central Illinois residents for our Springfield, IL home since 1975. All gas furnace manufacturers strongly recommend annual maintenance to ensure safe, reliable heating operations and prolonged equipment life.
Mike Williams Plumbing Heating & A/C service technicians guarantee on time, done right, and priced right gas furnace service. Regardless of the year, make and model of your heating system, you can trust us to provide you timely furnace tune-up service.
A Mike Williams technician showing a customer what he replaced during the unit’s seasonal inspection.
FURNACE SERVICE STEPS INCLUDE
- Inspection: On arrival, we’ll carefully inspect your gas furnace carefully note its condition.
- Cleaning: If you have a replaceable furnace filter we’ll change it. If you have an electronic air cleaner or other IAQ systems we’ll inspect it and clean the airstream components as needed. We’ll also clean the furnace blower and control compartment.
- Lubrication: We’ll lubricate any moving parts like motors, bearings, or fans to reduce friction and prevent noise.
- Check Ignition System: We’ll inspect the pilot light assembly or ignition system and clean as necessary.
- Gas Pressure and Burner: Verify proper gas pressure and inspect burners and clean if needed.
- Blower: We’ll inspect and clean the air blower as needed. We’ll measure the current and voltage for the fan motor to ensure it is in great condition.
- Heat Exchanger: Inspect gas furnace heat exchanger for cracks, soot, and corrosion. Clean if needed. Inspect the terminals and wiring for corrosion, and apply a non-conductive coating if needed.
- Venting System: Inspect the flues and ventilation system to ensure proper operation. If you have a condensing furnace, we’ll check the condensation drains and any condensation pumps.
- Ductwork: Check ductwork for loose joints or hangers, and seal with mastic duct sealant as needed.
- Temperature Controls: We’ll check you thermostats for proper operation. If they utilize batteries for power, we’ll change the batteries.
- Complete After Maintenance System Test: We’ll test run your gas furnace for several minutes. We’ll check for proper temperature rise, blower operation, and burner operation.
- Clean-up: We’ll pick-up our tools, remove any old filters, and thoroughly clean our workspace.
- Prepare Visit Report: We’ll explain our work and document any potential problems or recommended repairs.